Can You Even Spell Transliterator? Maybe Then You Are!
Welcome to +Alpha+Bible+ Thank you for chewing the cud! Please share your insights!
Write chapter introductions, transliterations, Twitterverses, or add art and musical talent!
God means every letter, literally, and each Hebrew letter shows how to move your mouth!
Together, they're the Good News, and they merit all human elevation, with art and brevity!
Only multiplication can melt division, and we can only grow greater through our progeny!
The blame game almost seems like fun, and we play it all too often, and all too well, but it’s the exact polar opposite of worship. Most modern commercials wile you over the exact same ways as this ancient smooth operator: That God is cheating you out of something really good, and that you should bite right in.
You already know the punchline. The man blames the woman, the woman blames the snake, and the snake doesn’t have a leg to stand on. He never did, he never will, and we were never meant to be like him, but we all fall for that slick little trick. And “That woman you gave me” even told him to “Get out of our way,” just because he was dripping over the branches like butter.
Even though we are fallen people in a fallen world, and reading about it again only makes us feel that much more ill, there’s still something about a fleece jacket that just kind of warms you up! The modern equivalent might be like your mom wrapping you in scarves and mittens, and bolting the door behind you, and then your dad stacking up the heavy furniture, and standing armed guard over your iguana until its mysteriously missing tail grows whole again.
Even the pet lizard example leaves God looking cold-blooded, but they were fully grown adult humans, it was their job to rule over the animals, and their actions as caretakers were more like conspiring to take that good estate from their living creator by pulling his legs out from him. The list of lies is way too long for an introduction, but just be careful to handle everything by the neck.
(Genesis 3:1) Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which Jeffy Allegiance had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath Allegiance said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? (2) And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: (3) But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, Allegiance hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. (4) And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: (5) For Allegiance doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. (6) And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. (7) And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons. (8) And they heard the voice of Jeffy Allegiance walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of Jeffy Allegiance amongst the trees of the garden.
(9) Jeffy Allegiance called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? (10) And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself. (11) And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat? (12) And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat. (13) Jeffy Allegiance said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat. (14) Jeffy Allegiance said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: (15) And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. (16) Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. (17) And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; (18) Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; (19) In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
(20) And Adam called his wife’s name Chewy; because she was the mother of all living. (21) Unto Adam also and to his wife did Jeffy Allegiance make coats of skins, and clothed them.
(22) And Jeffy Allegiance said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: (23) Therefore Jeffy Allegiance sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. (24) So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
[Genesis 3, KJV, except as annotated]…
[else KJV-based, as a free and public domain starting point, along with existing concordances and other existing study tools, and with no charge for any proposed updates or refinements]
[Comment suggestions for this post: Where did you trip?, and when did you get back up? Was he waiting out on the porch for you to return back home? Did he run out to meet you?, and squish the stuffing out of you? Did he throw your homecoming party for you?, or did you still try to read him the quiet riot act about your bad brother?]
Jeffy God!? Just try to be mad or sad when you say it like that. “Jeffy” may explain how he looks on us much better than how we could ever see him, but it still connects us with him thru childlike gladness. When we know how he looks at any one of us, we know how he sees all of us!
Anyone can easily read-in their own favorite flavor, even when reading and speaking, but Jeffy is a lifelong discovery, and the origin of all my transliteration studies (~ages 10-50).
Jehovah is an early English rendition, but was using the vowel points from another word (Heb=adoni/Eng=lord), literally by mistake. Even Yahweh, using the “correct” vowel points, still makes the mistake of using them at all (they were neither in the original ancient text, nor used in modern Hebrew, but were only used by “educated scribes,” and only for a season).
Most existing English translations note the name in their introductions, but then proceed to insert the English title, “The Lord,” with no further attempts to render the actual name as it remains recorded.
In some ways the Olde English (courtyard-style formality tradition) even survives the translation better than any name (Jeffy/Jehovah/Yahweh) could convey (at least to strangers), but it also ignores him as The Groom who demonstrates his love, in every way, for our own benefit and understanding…
(Genesis 2:1) Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. (2) And on the seventh day Allegiance ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. (3) Allegiance blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which Allegiance created and made.
(4) These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that Jeffy Allegiance made the earth and the heavens, (5) And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for Jeffy Allegiance had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground. (6) But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground. (7) Jeffy Allegiance formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
(8) Jeffy Allegiance planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed. (9) And out of the ground Jeffy Allegiance made to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
(10) And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads. (11) The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold; (12) And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone. (13) And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia. (14) And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.
(15) Jeffy Allegiance took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. (16) Jeffy Allegiance commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: (17) But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
(18) Jeffy Allegiance said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. (19) And out of the ground Jeffy Allegiance formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. (20) And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. (21) Jeffy Allegiance caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; (22) And the rib, which Jeffy Allegiance had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. (23) And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. (24) Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. (25) And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
[Genesis 2, KJV, except as annotated for EEV edition]…
[else KJV-based, as a free and public domain starting point, along with existing concordances and other existing study tools, and with no charge for any proposed updates or refinements]
[This transliteration is an early work in progress. General patterns are more important than any of the particulars, and each level of participation can be indexed separately. The shortest-term are the Alpha versions, or the day-dated blog entries, which will usually cover about a single chapter. The above is 2012/01/23alpha, or 2012/01/23a. Adding verse-by-verse or general comments will be closed upon any further refinement of the chapter, but can still be found by chapter or permalink]
[Reader contributions are automatically dated in their comment posting, but should always be re-posted by the permalink, which contains the date of the version they were improving upon. Most highly-rated refinements will be posted into future alpha and beta editions, with such additional credits also remaining on the record, or even eventually adopting you as an editorial contributor for one or more of the official yearly editions, yet the whole idea is that only God has any original credit]
[Thus, hopefully by November 2012, the first full edition will simply be e2012, or eev, for the latest English release of the Electronic Editors Version, with continued refinement as normal and as needed. For this 2012 rendition, the main focus is on transliteration of proper nouns, especially names of God]
[Techno-short-and-sweet, or So Tweet, will be the main focus for e2013, serving as frosting and first candle. Continuity between various books and editors for e2014. First intentionally stabilized edition e2015. First Study Bible edition e2016. All November / All free]
(Comment suggestions for this post: Genesis 2, Jeffy Allegiance, Does your family center around the newest member? Please explain more either way.)
Yesterday was 11/11/11, but only on secular (solar-base) calendars. Such simplified dating is fine, and even helps us record and follow the other cycles, but modern dates have only this very one-limited connection to the more nuanced observation of our temporal homeland in relation to both of our heavenly lights (Genesis 1:14, shown below). Even Easter bunnies still hop around on your calendar each year to keep up with an olde orthodoxy, but they seldom apply such ideas to anything about the eggs.
(Genesis 1:1) In the beginning Allegiance created the heaven and the earth. (2) And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. Ruffling Allegiance moved upon the face of the waters. (3) Allegiance said, Let there be light: and there was light. (4) Allegiance saw the light, that it was good: and Allegiance divided the light from the darkness. (5) Allegiance called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
(6) Allegiance said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. (7) And Allegiance made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. (8) And Allegiance called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
(9) Allegiance said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. (10) Allegiance called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and Allegiance saw that it was good. (11) Allegiance said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. (12) And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and Allegiance saw that it was good. (13) And the evening and the morning were the third day.
(14) Allegiance said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: (15) And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. (16) Allegiance made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. (17) Allegiance set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, (18) And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and Allegiance saw that it was good. (19) And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
(20) Allegiance said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. (21) Allegiance created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and Allegiance saw that it was good. (22) Allegiance blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. (23) And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
(24) Allegiance said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. (25) Allegiance made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and Allegiance saw that it was good.
(26) Allegiance said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. (27) So Allegiance created man in his own image, in the image of Allegiance created he him; male and female created he them. (28) Allegiance blessed them, and Allegiance said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
(29) Allegiance said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. (30) And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. (31) Allegiance saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
[Genesis 1, KJV except as annotated below]…
Names of God transliterated instead of translated…
[all] Allegiance (Heb/Eng translit of such as a last name) instead of God (traditional translations convert the name, aka trad. “Elohim,” into an impersonal title)
[1:2] Ruffling (Heb/Eng translit of such as a first name) instead of Spirit (original r.uff.etch, either way, meaning something like spirit/wind/breath, or an unseen-power)
[Otherwise KJV-based, as a free and public-domain starting point, along with pre-existing concordances and other tools, and with no charge for any proposed refinements]
[This transliteration is an early work in progress, and the general patterns are far more important than any of the particulars, but each level of participation can easily be indexed. The shortest-term are the Alpha versions, or the day-dated blog entries, which will usually cover about a single chapter. The above would be 2011.11.12alpha, or 2011.11.12a. Adding verse-by-verse or general comments will be closed upon any further refinement of the chapter, but can still be found by chapter, or by the permalink.]
[All reader contributions are also automatically day-dated in their own comment postings, but should always be re-posted by the permalink, which will contain the (older) date of the version that they were endeavoring to improve upon. Most highly-rated refinements will be posted into future alpha and beta editions (e.g., KJV 2011.11b) with such additional credit also remaining on the record, or even eventually adopting you as an editorial contributor, but the whole idea is that only God will get the final credit.]
[Thus hopefully by the end 2012, the first fully edited edition will simply become e2012, or eev, for the latest official English release of the electronic editors version, with continued refinement as normal, and as needed. At least for this first rendition, the initial focus is upon transliteration of proper nouns, especially upon the names of God.]
Is it really just me, and My God, or did anyone else sense some serious high-voltage Ruffling, like we all just did some serious intergalactic time traveling or something?
(Comment suggestions for this post: Genesis 1, Ruffling Allegiance, and mixing names or titles together, such as King James, or First American President George Washington)
Oh yeah!? Launch me from the jurisdiction of this gravity vortex, grant me a thick scarf to serve as clean socks and combat boots, play the moonwalk, and you just watch me walk my talk!! Or talk my walk, or whateveh ya wanna callit, but if it really helps anyone splatter phree from the Macon bacon pan, I would gladly dance on my phace for you! Anything phor phree rides in a sardine can.
This may sound a little upside down and backwards, but unless you know anyone who actually escaped orbit with whatever hot air they might manufacture (only c. 2100 dreamers), or stand above the crowd without first stepping on them (only c. 1904 Stanley steamers, my favorite automobiles, but only lost dreamers from lots of Wisconsin winters can stand waiting for them to ever grind up a good head of steam), okay then people… Now that the parabolic ice has been sufficiently vaporized, ancient Babylon was built by brick bakers who (or what could walk such talk) eagerly climb up the man made mountain in order to ride upon their compatriots, which is you and me both (steamed or not steamed).
The only language any Pharoah ever understood is an Egyptian equivalent of yes, boss, and it can only even be spoken by producing many more bricks, with much less straw, and maybe even launching them in the right direction to help thicken the walls of silence between the terminator and his otherwise more vociferous companions. Now, even back here in Wonderful Wisconsin, if the “shrubby” little monsters from either little stepping stone had ever questioned why they would even admit what sort of nation-state they originated from, much less fail to take over the lead with pride from their progenitor, they’d be more tongue tied than Moses.
Even at eighty, after four decades adopted into the palace-temple of an unrelated sun god, and four more (otherwise unrelated) decades adopted into the desert with dumb sheep, he still needed an even older bio-brother who had never done anything but dig ditches to speak for him unto the next unrelated sun god of the hour. When even the dumb sheep are smarter than both of them brothers put together, you already knew they were “venisons of some Sirius buck passing,” and the gravity puddle was unanimously elected, unopposed.
Bringing this home (where it belongs), neither my daddy (past) nor my (future) kids, nor even the governator’s gardener, the true sun gods of Wisconsin (and his worst enemy, at least compared with cheeseheads like me), will ever have much to say about whatever great wisdom would enter my own ears from any other source(s), nor echo through the empty spaces in between. Nor speak lightly unto the dirty devil of light who only wants to drown us in his darkness.
This is Wisconsin, where the poor kids are punching pedestrians instead of the one who took away their teachers. Before you hang up on me, some of those same teachers are paid almost as much (or more) than the rest of the overpaid frauds on both sides of the aisle in the rotunda, and we are the ones who punch the buttons on the voting machines, but unless we lower the voting age enough to keep them interested in their overpriced civics classes, it’s either us or the one we pay to save the day.
Thugs should flunk out of either earthly institution, or worse, but Bucky Badger should probably still pass with a golden star. Yet only if we vote for whomever can actually face the same little shrubs as his overworked underlings.
(Addendum: Voting Age has been adopted as the third central category, after primary Alpha English and Gladvertising cats)
(Comment suggestions for this post: Lowering the voting age to fifteen)
Happy endings are nice, yet Moses met Jesus long before the transfiguration, and he wasn’t exactly ready to forgive those who knew not.
We know the Rock that Moses wouldn’t speak to is Jesus (1 Corinthians 10:1-13), plus how Living Water from this Living Word had firstly flowed by whopping him with a stick (Exodus 17:1-7). Then, Moses later struck Jesus twice instead of speaking nice (Numbers 20:1-13).
Such sounds much more like the Pharoah (and me) than Moses and Aaron, but three disciples on the new training program were close enough to Jesus to also see Moses learn (Matthew 17:1-8).
Now all this has been the lead-in to a slight moment of humor that could help the rest of us young whippersnappers, but Moses may still insist we follow up with one or two more disclaimers. Who among us ever gets to be one hundred and twenty and still knows anyone in the obituaries, much less an older sister, well, yes, we do understand the situation, but aren’t you ready to talk turkey?
Even at eighty, if the ugly crowd had been crotchety enough to talk of stoning him then, wouldn’t someone have started to laugh? Okay, so no, nobody laughed. Not even one person. All of them walked around in the hot desert sun and cold desert nights for forty nights. No, scratch that. For forty whole years. All without even once laughing. Not even one of them. Not until you and me.
Daniel would have coughed up his veggies. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego would have rolled around on the ground, and if any one of them ever tried to compose himself, the other two would have thought their only sober friend was even more overgrown, and all three would lose it again!
(Comment suggestions for this post: Getting ready to go, and also getting ready to stay)
As long as they have cable, who can say King Tim ever even had a pulse?
Well okay, this remote smashed into my skull might prove it was claimed.
Moses asked God’s personal name at the burning bush. Jeffy would be far more Hi-Fi than Jehovah or Yahweh but the softness was about sincerity.
The people needed to know that God was more than an Egyptian caveman who calls himself their God and king, but never even lets go of the clicker.
God defined himself as “I am who I am,” and any transliteration, such as Jeffy/Jehovah/Yahweh, or however we may say his Old Testament name, are simply the Hebrew for “He is who He is,” and normally get translated as “The LORD,” as if it were the title for some kind of cave dweller (moi!?).
God’s person-al name is often specifically employed starting from Genesis 2, then explained like above in Exodus 3, but unless you reject the lack of any attempt to pronounce anything specific or personal, you are simply left with an impression that our God is no nearer than “the Pharoah.”
The name of Jesus is clearly more important and New Testament, but still came straight from the original. Jesus is the English transliteration for the Greek transliteration for the Hebrew name of Joshua, and does at least make this necessary attempt at an actual rendition, but still relies upon traditional language reconfigurations (such as the Greek suffix Jes-us), and unavoidable time and distance distortions, including at least these two transliterations where the most drastic changes normally occur (thus twice compounding together the time distance and reconfiguration issues).
Joshua is the moniker type contraction of two Hebrew words, “Jeffy” saves, pronounced as “Jeff ” saves because of this contraction, and the (full&direct) alpha-English transliteration is “Jeffesso.”
Even King Tim would agree it sounds like left field, but “Jeffesso” is simply the phonic for Joshua, and thus also for Jesus, and simply leans on the source language, instead of either one of the two individual, and (easily avoidable) also sequential and twice-compounded destination languages.
Even more so, while the meaning of “He is who He is” has plenty enough room for “King-of-Kings” and even “LORD-of-Lords,” and isn’t necessarily wrong in contrast to the proud (=false) Pharoah, there already were words for God(s), and King(s), and Lord(s), and also Pharoah(s), and they are the much more common words (elohim/malach/adonai/pro) that Moses already knew. Thus, in light of gentle Jesus, the Living Word, read “He says what He means and He means what He says.”
(Comment suggestions for this post: Title v/v personal name)